Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Planning Monday- Leftovers

I'm back from another unplanned mini-break. D had called me up last week, inviting me up to visit his parents. I had fun. We did some shopping on Friday- bought Mario Party 5 and played it with his brother. On Saturday D changed my oil. The boys played catch while Am and I just enjoyed the nice weather and litter-free yard. We also had our own "date." We saw the Watchmen movie. I loved it. Now let me add for the record, this is not a movie to bring children to. It had both sexual content and violence that made ME cringe. All the same I think I'll be buying this one when it comes out on video. Sunday rolled around and we managed to fit in our first double date ever. We went bowling (the bowling alley was horridly maintained but still fun), saw I Love You Man, and hit up Perkins on the way back. All in all it was a busy weekend. By the time I came home on Sunday I was more than happy to go to bed early- which really says a lot.

Anywho, onto the menu plan, after last week's Irish fest I find that I've still got a fridge filled with unused ingredients. Guess I'll have to figure something out....


Monday- Super Fast Spinach, Pesto, and Cheese Lasagna

Tuesday- Leftovers

Wednesday- Toasted Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onion Sandwiches w/Mashed Potato 'n' Parsnip

Thursday- Leftovers

Friday-

Cheddar Beer Soup, Pan Seared Rib Eye Steaks with Porcini and Rosemary Rub, & Buttered Asparagus w/Birthday Cake

Saturday- Cuban Sandwiches w/Sweet Potato Fries

Sunday- Cafe Johnsonia's Sausage Potato Soup


No comments: