Sunday, July 12, 2009

The All You Grocery Challenge


If you haven't already, today is the last day to sign up for the All You Grocery Challenge. In a nutshell it's a month-long challenge where you try to spend no more than $25 per family member each week. The winner will get a $1,000 grocery card, a year's supply of Knorr side dishes, and I'll think they'll be on the today show (or something like that) too. I'm going to be participating.

What this means for SS is that for the next month you will likely be finding more food posts, maybe even a few written by yours truly. I'll still keep the craft posts going but until this is over I think I'll be doing them a bit less often. I'm going to go All You one better on their challenge and try to keep our budget to $25 total per week while mainly buying local or organic. To give you a run down, that's $25 for Am, me, and D, who's here on the weekends. Also, during the month of August I will officially be car-free, meaning my own personal vehicle will be staying parked at the end of the lot. The bike trailer is all hooked up and I'm ready to run with it.

So whatd'ya say, anyone else up for a challenge?

No comments: