Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sometimes you just shouldn't cook while sick....


So, for the past few days Am and I have been battling some sort of cold/allergy attack. She was stuffy then yesterday my throat got sore. I even went to bed at 9:30 which is super-early for me considering I normally pass out around midnight. So, I woke up today sans the sore throat, feeling slightly stuffy and groggy instead.

Since yesterday I've been craving rice pudding for some reason (you know those weird cold cravings). I called and canceled childcare for my normal shopping trip and started cooking instead. Well, A Year of CrockPotting's recipe calls for 8 cups of milk. I didn't want to use up all of our fresh milk so I decided to use dry milk instead. Of course I can't read simple charts when I'm sick. I added 7 1/2 cups of dry milk powder and had already added the other ingredients when I checked the chart again. Apparently I was supposed to use 7 1/2 cups of WATER and only 6.4 oz of powder.

>_<' Doh!

Well, by that point I figured what the hey, may as well cook it. I've already lost the ingredients anyways. Here's hoping it turns out. *crosses her fingers and goes back to waiting*

No comments: