Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Valentines Dinner 09

Happy Valentine's Day!

For those of you looking for last minute inspiration, here's what's on our menu this year...





Main Dish: Roast Leg of Lamb with Fennel Butter
(I can't recommend this one enough!)




Side Dish: Glamour Moms' Bacon & Cheese Scalloped Potatoes



Dessert: Chocolate Cake (from a box), Chocolate Syrup, Whipped Cream, Strawberries,

Chocolate Almond Truffle Squares (sliced thinly or broken),

and Polly Welby's Excellent Chocolate Mousse (on top of the cake)


3 comments:

styledarling said...

YEY!!!! I hope you enjoy the scalloped potatoes!! Everything looks delicious!!!!

Satsuki Rebel said...

We did enjoy them, enough so that I'll be making them again (it takes a lot to please me food-wise). Overall the meal went well. I substituted steak for lamb and it still tasted great. The potatoes were amazing. I think I'd double the goats cheese, pecans, and berries in the salad next time, probably add an extra 1-2 T of Honey as well. The dessert was fine. The truffle thing turned out great and the mousse was good too. All in all it was a success! Thanks for the recipe! ^^

Satsuki Rebel said...

In retrospect I think the steak gave me a minor case of food poisoning. Drned un-fresh meat. >_<