Thursday, November 20, 2008

Recycled Peppermint Ornament

Today I'll be spotlighting something I made. This is what happens when a budget minded (cheap) Christmas-lover gets bored:


You will need a red permanent marker, 1 used CD, scissors, ribbon (not red, trust me on this), and your adhesive of choice.


I did this all freehand and used google for help with the pattern. You just draw the outline on the CD first using your permanent marker. Fill in the bigger peppermint chunks then add any details (like the lines between the chunks). I tied up a bow with some of that decorative tinsel garland from the dollar store then hot glued it on. Once that dried I cut off a bit of my white papery ribbon and glued that to the back. And there you have it, your very own Recycled Peppermint Ornament.

Variation: Instead of making a ribbon to glue on the top, get some clear cellophane & wrap the finished CD, tying off both ends for a more authentic candy look.

13 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is so pretty, I love it! Super creative!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

This is great! I'm gonna feature it at Dollarstorecrafts.com!

Satsuki Rebel said...

I don't know why but blogger has stopped emailing me when I get comments. >_<

Thanks for noticing lil' ol' me!

Gigi said...

You did NOT just make a peppermint out of a CD! That's so clever! I swear some people are just born with a different kind of brain. All my brain ever says is "take a nap."

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

OH my goodness, that is ADORABLE!! I would have never thunk it! I love it, that is so creative!

artisticblend said...

Very cute! I bet my techie hubby would love that and I'm sure we have tons of old CDs around. Gotta love the recycling too! :)

Satsuki Rebel said...

Awwww, you guys are making me smile. This is about as creative as I get nowadays. I'm glad you all enjoy it. ^_^

cherry said...

Very creative....love to do crafts too...but this I never would have thunk of! Cherry

Anonymous said...

I LIKE it! And it looks like something my 11 year old crafty daughter can do! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

super-super cute and for once, a recycled cd project doesn't look like a recycled cd project

way cool project and blog

Satsuki Rebel said...

lol, I have the same problem with recycled projects- they're always so easy to tell. I'm working on improving my technique now, glad I'm doing something right.

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous idea! I am going to do this for gift tags next year!

Tassi said...

I love it! How fun.